Lincoln Medical Center
Behavioral Health Center: Inpatient Services
Sunrise Geriatric Services Inpatient Program offers acute care to the older adults who need immediate intervention. Adults 55+ are admitted as inpatients and receive 24 hour a day treatment in a therapeutic and safe environment. Inpatient geropsychiatric treatment is a specialized area of medicine that focuses on the unique physical and emotional needs of the older senior adult. There are unique issues of loss and adjustments in lifestyles these patients face, complicated by concurrent medical issues, which are not experienced by any other age group.
To enhance recovery, patients will participate in a structured program that includes; psychiatric and medical evaluations; medication management; group psychotherapy; individual therapy; activity therapy; discharge planning; and treatment team conferences. Sunrise Geriatric Services of Lincoln Medical Center will provide a caring, supportive environment where each patient participates in a treatment program individually designed to meet his or her needs. Through a structured treatment plan patients will be given the opportunity to improve their social, physical, and emotional functioning.
A psychiatrist, licensed therapist, and psychiatric nurse assess all patients as part of the admission process. Referrals may be made by physicians, nurses, family members, clergy, social workers, discharge planners or others concerned about the welfare of a given individual. Individuals may also refer themselves for services.
Patients eligible for Inpatient Services usually experience several of the following symptoms:
- Attempts or threats of suicide
- Loss of interest in regular activities
- Change in sleeping patterns
- Confusion, disorientation, memory changes
- Inability to care for self or home
- Abrupt changes in behavior
- Isolation and withdrawal from friends and family
- Inability to concentrate, sudden decrease in intellectual functioning
- Expresses feelings of helplessness and/or hopelessness
- Seeing or hearing things that no one else sees or hears
- Impaired understanding of reality
- Abuse of drugs, medications or alcohol
- Difficulty with impulse control
- Decrease in energy level
- Increased or decreased appetite
- Uncharacteristic anger, irritability or agitation
- Extended and extreme grief over a loss
- Family Therapy
- Diagnostic Services
- Medication Management
- Psychiatric Evaluations
- Discharge Planning and Follow Up
- Individual and Group Therapy
- Activity Therapy for Inpatient Services
The Memory Assessment Center
As part of Sunrise Geriatric Services our Memory Assessment Center provides cutting-edge diagnostic evaluations and treatment planning to individuals exhibiting changes in memory. The comprehensive assessment includes a medical and psychiatric evaluation, psychosocial evaluation and a batter of laboratory tests. A licensed physician specializing in geriatric psychiatry leads our assessment team. After a diagnosis is determined, if treatment is indicated, the appropriate referrals will be made.
For more information, please contact Sunrise Geriatric Services at 931-438-0263.