Our Mission Statement
The mission of Lincoln County Health System is to provide a continuum of primary health care services to the people of Lincoln County and the surrounding counties.
- Lincoln County Health System will provide, maintain, and operate a general, acute care community hospital. The Hospital will provide medical, surgical, pediatric, and obstetrical hospital care, emergency services, and supporting diagnostic and therapeutic services for inpatients and outpatients. Lincoln County Health System will also provide, maintain, and operate Intermediate Care Facilities and Skilled Nursing Facilities, Assisted Living, Home Health, Hospice, Ambulance Services, and Wellness and Rehabilitation Services.
- Lincoln County Health System will work with consumers, as well as other health care providers and agencies, to promote the general health of the people of Lincoln County and the surrounding counties. It will sponsor and/or participate in the delivery of prevention, detection, health education, and rehabilitation services.
- Lincoln County Health System seeks to provide services that are economically viable, meet identifiable community needs, and can be offered in such a way and in such numbers as to meet recognized quality standards.
- Lincoln County Health System will provide, respect, and support the right of our customers to optimal pain assessment and management. We believe that optimal management of pain enhances healing and promotes both physical and psychological wellness.
- Lincoln County Health System is committed to the promotion of patient safety and the dignified use of restraints. As a last resort, restraints are to be used in emergencies, based on individually-assessed needs. When restraints are used, the patient's health and safety are protected while preserving his or her dignity, rights, and well-being.
- Lincoln County Health System operates a not-for-profit Health System governed by the Lincoln County Health System Committee, appointed by and responsible to Lincoln County Commissioners. As an institution with a public trust, Lincoln County Health System seeks to use resources prudently and efficiently, and manage its affairs in such a way as to preserve the long-term viability of the institution.
Lincoln County Health System will exceed our community's expectations by providing quality healthcare that is progressive, accessible, and customer-driven, in an environment that is sensitive to people.
In order to achieve our Vision we promote these Values:
|People||We value all people — those we serve and those with whom we work. We encourage people to express ideas and consider suggestions from others. We work together as a team and treat each other with respect.|
|Service||We value listening, caring, and being sensitive to the needs of others. We respond to patients, family members, each member of the health care team, and all others we may serve in a manner that clearly indicates our desire not only to meet their needs but to exceed their expectations.|
|Communications||We value continuously improving effective communications within the organization, and with the public served by members of our team.|
|We value continuously improving upon everything we do to achieve excellence in performance. This continuous improvement applies to people, as well. We encourage personal growth and learning for all members of our team.|
|Resource Use||We value our resources and recognize that we will fulfill our mission only if we successfully manage our financial and other resources. Therefore, we actively create innovative, cost-effective systems throughout the organization to continuously improve the management of all resources used. |